With exam season looming ever closer, Topmarks is here to help! It can be an anxious time, but follow these stress-free tips for revising, and you might find yourself at the top of the class.
We’re sharing some fantastic advice on revision success for upcoming exams and tests.
- Study in a quiet place away from the TV, computers and phones etc, that is both light and comfortable.
- Make a ‘revision timetable’ and always let your family know when you are revising, to avoid interruptions.
- Create summary notes and anything simple that helps your memory – short notes, drawings and sayings are much easier to remember.
- Get help. Ask friends and family to test you. Also attend any teacher revision classes, as teachers will know better than anyone what will be in tests and exams!
- Record yourself reading notes and occasionally listen to them instead of reading.
- Take a 5 or 10 minute break every hour and do some stretching exercises, go for a short walk or make yourself a drink.
- Allow yourself some fun-time each day to relax… and make sure you get at least 8 hours of restful sleep each night.
- Eat well. Good brain foods? Choose wholegrain foods (cereals, wheat bran, wheatgerm and whole wheat pasta). Blueberries. Blackcurrants. Broccoli. Tomatoes. Oily fish. Nuts.
- Don’t panic if you feel a bit nervy. A certain amount of nervousness actually helps you perform to the best of your ability, producing a rush of adrenaline that helps you to feel alert and focused.
- Think positive – it’s seriously not the end of the world if you fail!
Now, it’s time to get your brainy heads into those text books. Good luck!
These tips were contributed by pupils of The Kingsley School.